UPDATE JUNE 3, 2022 5:00PM
Retina Associates of Kentucky is still following the mask mandate to require patients, visitors, staff and physicians to wear a protective mask covering your nose and mouth while in our facility. We appreciate your understanding of our requirements.
We have had a lot of questions about whether there is any interaction between COVID vaccines and injections for retinal disease. We are unaware of any interaction or interference between these two treatments. You may safely continue to undergo retinal treatment before, during or after your COVID vaccine.
As part of your health history, we ask that you update us on your vaccination status; whether or not you are fully vaccinated/number of shots (1 or 2 depending on the manufacturer), and the date of your vaccination/s.
Even if you have been vaccinated, if you are symptomatic we ask that you reschedule your appointment until you are symptom-free and have a negative COVID test.
We continue to practice our COVID precautions for all patients and staff during your visit, including mask wearing and social distancing.
PLEASE SEE DETAILS BELOW
- Per the CDC Guidelines Healthcare facility mask mandates have not changed. We ask that patients wear a protective mask (surgical or cloth) to their appointment and likewise all RAK physicians and staff will have masks on and other protective gear, as necessary. Protective masks should be worn properly covering the nose and mouth to help minimize exposure.
- Patients may have 1 caregiver to their appointment. No children under 18 permitted unless they are the patient. If an underage child is brought to the appointment, you’ll be asked to reschedule.
- Patients will receive an email or text message with a link to pre-register in the comfort of their own home, using their own device through our self check-in process (Phreesia). Pre-registration will make your visit more efficient and help expedite your visit in our office.
- If patients are on a treatment plan, we ask that they keep their appointment, as many of our patients need this treatment to preserve vision.
We have and will continue following state and CDC Guidelines for your safety.
We appreciate your patience during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, our hold times may be longer than normal and appointment modifications are inevitable.
To save a call to our office during heavy call volume, you may access the PATIENT PORTAL for the following services:
- Medication refill requests
- Questions for your physician
- Scheduling an appointment or you may email any non-urgent requests to Scheduling@RetinaKY.com and an RAK Representative will respond.
We will continue our communication on our Facebook page and Website as new information becomes available. We are always here if you need us, (800) 627-2020. Thank you for trusting us with your retinal care! We look forward to warmer brighter days with you and hope you and your families stay well!